In partnership with Center for Creative Leadership, headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, and their Leadership Beyond Borders program, Coaching the Global Village (CGV) received a $5,000 grant from the Harnisch Family Foundation as seed money to help create the Coaching Essentials Toolkit.
After many months of partnering with a team at CCL, the Toolkit was ready to pilot. Trainings have already been done conducted in India and Ethiopia with CCL trainer Philomena Rego.
Patrick Williams, founder of Coaching the Global Village, trained 15 public health professionals in Jamaica in January 2011, along with two CCL trainers (Philomena Rego and TZiPi Radonsky). Lisa Prochnow, board member of CGV, will be there to observe and conduct research on the toolkit, the Caribbean culture, and follow-up. More exciting opportunities will come as we create a train the trainer model for implementation and use of the coaching toolkit.
CGV will then follow up progress with coaching at 3-month, 6-month and 12-month intervals as well as in an as-needed demand.
Coaching Essentials Toolkit Learning Objectives
- Acquire an understanding of the basic concept of the coach approach within a mentor-mentee relationship: inquiry, listening and feedback, and accountability
- Experience an environment in which they can learn from each other
- Learn key coaching practices and tools within the context of a mentoring relationship
- Practice coaching skills and gain enhanced confidence in mentoring
- Be inspired and energized by the potential of engaging in creative leadership/mentoring conversations
- Create a learning community in which participants can support each other in growing
We will also provide action research and follow-up coaching at 3-month, 6-month and 12-month intervals at a minimum.
Coaching Christian Missionary Leaders and Staff
Pat Williams and Lynn Meinke have already conducted two 16-hour trainings with Service in Mission international team (www.SIM.org) in Charlotte, North Carolina. Pat is going to Ghana, Africa, at SIM’s expense but no pay for a two-day training with 30 missionary leaders and their spouses as part of a five-day leadership training. He will introduce the Toolkit for future opportunities and training of local citizens in the approach. He will make other contacts while there for future opportunities with NGOs, schools, and other organizations.
Donations contribute to Pat’s expenses and Toolkit copies.